Houston Hardwood Flooring Company
Hardwood Creations can refinish all types of hardwood floors, including solid hardwoods, engineered wood flooring, oak, pine, heart pine, walnut, bazillion mahogany, and bamboo wood flooring. Our typical wood floor refinish is a solid wood flooring 3/4 x 2 1/4 thru 5 inch wide, but we can handle the more hard to do engineered wood flooring as well. That’s right most wood floor companies will tell you that an engineered wood floor can not be refinished and that you must replace your older worn out tired looking pre-finished wood flooring with a new one period. Well we can refinish any type of wood flooring so long as it’s top layer is a minimum of 1/16 thick. Hardwood Creations is a third generation is wood flooring and we have the know how and the right equipment to do this type of wood floor refinishing to your older worn engineered wood floors.
Hardwood Flooring Installation
Wood floor installation begins with picking the floor that best suits your design and decorating needs. We work with you to select the best wood species and finish based on your lifestyle. Important factors such as the amount of traffic the floor will likely endure are taken into consideration.
- We install pre-finished and engineered floors.
- We install unfinished floors & sand/finish them with a polyurethane or water based finish.
- We supply & install all types of wood flooring from Brazilian Cherry to White Oak.
- We supply & install wood flooring of various widths. Standard floor width is 2.25 inches (wider floor board face widths available).
- We also install Floating Wood Floors. A floating floor does not need to be nailed or glued to the sub-floor and can be installed over most existing floors, including concrete, ceramic, vinyl, wood and even some indoor/outdoor carpet
Dustless Hardwood Floor Sanding Process
Hardwood Creations is proud to offer a Dustless Floor Sanding process that eliminates almost all of the dust created by floor sanding. Sanding hardwood floors used to create a massive dust storm. Our Dustless Floor Sanding Process eliminates 90% of the dust created. The Dustless System uses powerful vacuums attached to all sanding equipment, extracting the dust from the job site.
Hardwood Flooring Refinishing Service
Wood Floor Refinishing (aka Resurfacing): This process is used to revitalize wood floors with severe wear and tear.
- First we sand the wood floors to remove the existing polyurethane or water based finishes.
- We then use 24 grit, 60 grit, & 80 grit paper.
- We buff the floors with 120 grit screen in order to smooth the floors and close the grain.
- Next, we apply 2 coats of oil based polyurethane or 3 coats of water based finish.
- Satin, semi gloss, & high gloss finishes are available.
- We vacuum and buff the floors thoroughly before the application of each polyurethane coat.
- Dustless floor sanding and refinishing is now available.
Wood Floor Staining: This process is done during the sanding stage to change the color of wood floors.
- We first sand the wood floors to remove existing polyurethane or water based finishes.
- We use 24 grit, then 60 grit, & 80 grit paper during sanding process.
- We buff the floors with a screen in order to smooth the floors.
- Apply preferred color of stain to wood floors.
- We stain floors to a wide spectrum of colors (light and dark).
- Apply 3 coats of oil based polyurethane or 2-3 coats of water based finish.
- Satin, semi-gloss, & high gloss finishes are available.
Hardwood Creations is an experienced and professional hardwood flooring installations and hardwood floor refinishing contractor. We have years of experience working with home owners, restaurants, hotels, schools and more. Our technical expertise and skilled staff allows us to handle projects from residential projects to a large commercial installation or refinishing project. We are committed to delivering outstanding results and service. Our success can be seen in the many testimonials received from our clients.
Commercial and residential projects have unique requirements that Hardwood Creations, is prepared to meet.
We meet our commercial hardwood flooring clients' needs by taking the following actions
- We provide all the necessary paperwork (proof of insurance, liability and workers compensation). We understand that in a commercial setting, contractors must meet strict and specific insurance provisions before work can be performed on site.
- We meet deadlines for work! We understand that in a commercial setting other contractors are often involved with the project and they depend on us to finish on time so their work can progress.
- We complete our work in a professional manner. We communicate with our commercial hardwood floor clients before, during and after the project. We strive to exceed our commercial clients' expectations.